Cleaning is necessary to maintain your grill, no matter how well-maintained it may be. Whether you are cleaning the griddle on your gas or charcoal grill, or the cast iron grates of your smoker, there are tools designed to make this process easier. If you own a Blackstone griddle and want to know how to clean blackstone griddle.
As you know that it can get dirty very quickly, But unless you don’t take care of the griddle, it will start to rust, and you will have to replace it at some point. This guide will show you how to clean the Blackstone griddle, so it lasts for a long time.
Items Needed to Clean Your Blackstone Griddle
1. A dust cloth
2. Soap or detergent
3. Hot water
4. Rubbing alcohol
5. Steel wool
If your Blackstone griddle is stained with food or grease, you’ll need to clean it properly to maintain its appearance and performance.
How to Clean Blackstone Griddle
The Blackstone griddle is a popular cooking appliance used for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Because the griddle is made of Blackstone, it can be challenging to keep it clean. We will teach you how to clean Blackstone the griddle step-by-step procedure.
1. Disinfect the griddle with a baking soda/water solution. Pour 1 cup of baking soda into a pot and add enough water to make slurry. Bring the mixture to a boil and use a scrub brush to scrub the griddle’s surface. Let the solution cool before using it again.
2. Pour 1 cup of white vinegar into a pot and add enough water to make slurry. Bring the mixture to a boil and use a scrub brush to scrub the griddle’s surface. Let the solution cool before using it again.
3. Apply a coat of vegetable oil to the griddle’s surface with an old rag or piece of paper towel. Allow the oil to sit on the surface for at least 30 minutes before cleaning it off with hot water. Use an abrasive cleaner such as steel wool, sandpaper, or scouring pads to clean off all rust and other debris from the surface. Dry the griddle thoroughly before re-using it.
4. Store the griddle in a dry place.
If the griddle is too rusty to clean, it may need to be replaced.
How To Clean a Blackstone Griddle After Cooking
Sometimes when your Blackstone griddle is rusted, it won’t be long before it’s rendered useless, and you’ll have to replace it. Before you give up on your griddle, follow these simple steps to clean it. There is nothing quite like a hot breakfast cooked on a Blackstone griddle. However, if the griddle is dirty, it can make your meal a complete disappointment. Here is how to clean a Blackstone griddle:
1. Pour some white vinegar onto the griddle and scrub with a brush. Make sure to get into all the crevices.
2. Pour more vinegar on top of the scrubbed area and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
3. Rinse off the griddle with water and dry it off.
4. Apply a coat of cooking spray to the griddle and cook your breakfast as usual!
These steps should help you get your Blackstone griddle clean and ready to cook again. Remember, if the griddle is dirty, you may need to take it to a professional cleaner.
How To Clean a Rusty Griddle
Only when you notice rust forming on your griddle, it’s time to give it a thorough cleaning. Griddles can be difficult to clean, but with some planning and effort, the job can be done in no time. Rusty griddles can be a pain to clean, but with a bit of elbow grease and some standard household supplies, it’s easy to get them looking like new. Here are the steps:
1. Soak the rusty griddle in a bucket of water for at least an hour. This will loosen any dirt and debris that has built up on the surface.
2. Scrub the surface with a stiff brush or an old toothbrush. Be sure to get into all the nooks and crannies.
3. Pour a small amount of white vinegar onto a cloth or sponge, and gently scrub the surface with the vinegar-soaked cloth or sponge. Be sure to rinse off the vinegar entirely before proceeding.
4. Sprinkle baking soda over the griddle’s surface, and spread it out with your hands. Work the baking soda into the dirt and grime, then let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
5. Scrub the baking soda off with a stiff brush, then rinse off the surface with cold water. Let the griddle dry entirely before using it again.
How to Clean and Season a New Blackstone Griddle
If you’re like most people, your first thought when you get a new Blackstone griddle is, “WTF am I supposed to do with this?” You might be wondering how to clean and season it. Well, worry no more! We’ll teach you everything you need to know about cleaning and seasoning a new Blackstone griddle.
- The first step is to clean the griddle. Start by spraying it with cooking spray and scrubbing it with a sponge or a cloth. Be sure to get into all the nooks and crannies.
- Next, use a baking soda solution to clean the griddle surface. Apply a thin layer of baking soda to the griddle, then scrub it with a stiff brush.
- Finally, rinse the griddle with water and dry it off.
Once the griddle is clean, it’s time to season it. Seasoning will help preserve the finish on the griddle and make cooking more enjoyable.
- To season the griddle, apply a coat of cooking oil to both sides.
- Then heat the oil until hot, but not smoking.
- Finally, place the food on the griddle and cook according to your usual recipe.
Tips for Keeping Your Blackstone Griddle Clean
If you love your Blackstone griddle as much as we do, keeping it clean and in good condition is important. Here are our tips for keeping your griddle clean:
1. Keep the griddle clean with a degreaser. This will help remove any food residue and build-up. If you don’t have a degreaser, use hot water and a little soap.
2. Don’t let grease build up on the griddle surface. Clean it immediately after each use with a damp cloth or spatula.
3. Never use harsh chemicals to clean the griddle. These can damage the surface. Instead, use a mild soap and water mixture or an oven cleaner designed for cast iron cookware.
4. Store the griddle in a dry place when not in use. This will help keep the surface free from dirt and dust buildup.
How Often You Should Clean a Blackstone Griddle
There is no set rule for how often a Blackstone griddle should be cleaned. It depends on the type of Blackstone griddle and how often it is used. Generally, a Blackstone griddle should be cleaned with a damp cloth after each use.
How Should I Store My Griddle?
You can store your griddle in a dry and cool place. You can also store your griddle by wiping it clean with a cloth and then storing it in a dry place.
Is It Possible to Recover a Rusty Griddle?
There is a chance that a Blackstone griddle that has begun to rust can still be salvaged even if it is in poor condition. This process will involve soaking the griddle in a saltwater solution and then scrubbing it with a stiff brush. Afterward, you will need to coat the griddle with a layer of oil and allow it to dry.
Can You Use Oven Cleaner on A Griddle?
Yes, an oven cleaner can be used on a griddle. Some tips to keep in mind when using oven cleaner on a griddle:
- Wipe the griddle clean with a clean cloth before using oven cleaner.
- Spray the cleaner onto a rag and wipe the griddle clean.
- Be sure to wait until the oven cleaner has dried before using the griddle.
Can You Use Steel Wool to Clean Off a Blackstone Griddle?
Yes, steel wool can be used to clean off a Blackstone griddle. Just be sure to use a gentle touch and avoid scrubbing too hard. Scrubbing will remove the coating on the griddle and may lead to scratches.
What Oil Do You Use on A Griddle?
Many oils can be used on a Blackstone griddle. However, vegetable oil and bacon grease are some of the most common oils used to clean a griddle.
When Should You Clean a Blackstone Griddle?
You should clean the Blackstone griddle every time you use it. This is especially important if you have food or grease on the griddle.
If you love cooking breakfast on the weekends but find that your Blackstone griddle always seems covered in food and grease, then this guide is for you. After spending considerable time cooking on your Blackstone griddle, you’ll want to clean it properly to ensure your next meal is as delicious as possible. This step-by-step procedure will show you how to clean the Blackstone griddle using the correct methods and materials. Make sure to follow these steps carefully so that your next cooking experience is positive and enjoyable!
- The 9 Best BBQ Grills for Smoking Brisket - December 29, 2022
- 6 Mouth Watering Grilled Shrimp Recipes - September 16, 2022
- 6 Delicious Grilled Desserts - September 16, 2022