The onset of Summer brings along the desire to spend a long, leisurely, fun day at the beach. And a day like that feels incomplete without some beach BBQ delicacies. After all, BBQ is not just about grilled meat but also one of the best ways to spend time with your friends and family.
So, prepare your BBQ grill and summon your inner chef, because you don’t want to miss out these delicious beach BBQ recipes.
Sausage and Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
When combined, two of the most delicious items become the greatest recipe of all time. This super easy and flavorful delicacy can be made in minutes and is something that everyone can enjoy. Let’s look at the ingredients required to cook this easy and quick beach food
- Smoked sausage
- Shrimp – jumbo (tail-on, peeled, and deveined)
- Olive oil
- Barbecue seasoning
- Clean your portable grill thoroughly, and then preheat it to 350 degrees.
- Cut the sausage pieces into the same thickness as the shrimp (about 1 inch).
- Dry the shrimp using a paper towel and put them in a bowl.
- Add sausage, olive oil, and BBQ seasoning to the same bowl. Toss them well to give a good mix.
- Place the sausage pieces into the “C” curve of the shrimp and thread them on the skewers.
- Grill them over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes. Your dish is ready once the shrimp becomes opaque and is cooked through.
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Chicken is one of the most preferred beach BBQ items, and when the luscious bacon is added to it, the results are out of this world. This amazing bacon-wrapped BBQ chicken is also very easy to make and is a dish that never disappoints. The ingredients you need to prepare this recipe are:
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- 2-3 slices of bacon per chicken breast (4-12 pieces)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the grill. In a bowl, mix brown sugar and soy sauce. Add oil and seasonings and keep aside.
- Cover the chicken breast with bacon strips, overlapping the ends of each strip.
- Brush the prepared marinade over the chicken using a pastry or grill brush.
- Place these chicken pieces on the heated outdoor grill. Baste occasionally with additional marinade.
- Flip the chicken and add marinade on the other side as well. Cook until the chicken is tender.
BBQ Chicken Burger
BBQ chicken burger is one of the most popular beach food ideas. You can either use fresh meat or grill some frozen burgers as well. To prepare this, you need:
- 4 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 4 large burger buns (sliced in half)
- Lettuce, tomato, and red onion to serve
- 4 rashers bacon (optional)
For the sauce and marinade
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 tbsp brown sauce
- 2 tsp clear honey
- Splash chili sauce (optional)
- Mix all the sauce and marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Keep aside a few spoonsful of this for drizzling on top while assembling the burger.
- Cut each breast piece in half, dividing it at the thickest point. Open it like a book and slightly flatten it using your hand.
- Toss the pieces in the marinade bowl and coat evenly.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for around 10 minutes. Flip occasionally until the chicken becomes nicely brown and sticky.
- Toast the buns and bacon on the grill until they become crisp.
- Assemble the burger with lettuce, tomato, onion, and the saved sauce. Put in the grilled chicken and bacon and enjoy the delicious burger.
Grilled Garlic Butter Mushrooms
Either as a meatless main course or as a side dish with steak, grilled garlic butter mushrooms are perfect for all beach BBQ meals. It is an overall winner, super easy to make, healthy, and delicious as well. For this recipe, you need:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (gluten-free or coco aminos, as needed)
- 4 cloves garlic (divided and very finely minced)
- 2 lbs. button mushrooms (cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- A pinch of salt
- Mix balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and half the garlic in a large bowl.
- Add mushrooms and toss lightly to coat. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and the garlic. Add a pinch of salt.
- Oil and preheat the BBQ grill to medium.
- Put the mushrooms on flat skewers to avoid spinning when you flip them.
- Grill the mushrooms for at least 5 minutes on each side. Use tongs to flip sides so that they don’t slip.
- Place the grilled mushrooms and pour the garlic butter over them.
BBQ Pork Skewers with Filipino BBQ Marinade
Pork is another preferred item for grilling on the beach. This succulent recipe is made of grilled pork in a sweet and spicy Filipino-style BBQ marinade. The pork marinade needs a few hours to mix well and thus must be kept in the fridge overnight for amazing grilling results. You’ll need the following ingredients to cook this recipe:
- Thick cut pork chops (can also use boneless pork butt or shoulder cut into cubes)
- Large skewers
- Regular coke
- Brown sugar
- Soy sauce
- Ketchup or tomato sauce
- Apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Garlic cloves
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Make 16 even strips from the pork chops by slicing them into four strips each. Make sure to cut them from the shorter side.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Keep aside some portion of the marinade for basting. Toss the pork strips in the rest of it and coat them well.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours for marination. You can also keep it overnight. Don’t forget to cover it.
- Skewer the pork chops by putting 2-4 strips on each one.
- After heating the grill to medium, oil it lightly. Place the skewers and close the lid.
- Flip the pork every 3-4 minutes until the internal temperature touches 160 degrees. Also, keep basting occasionally.
- Once cooked nicely, remove the skewers from the grill and serve immediately.
Teriyaki Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple
A clever amalgamation of shrimp and pineapple that can be consumed as finger food or used in any other form, including filling for tacos, sandwiches, etc. This recipe is sure to make your taste buds tingle. It is another very easy BBQ on the beach recipe that can be made in minutes. All you need is:
For the teriyaki sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (tamari for gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoon garlic (grated)
- 2 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (or to taste)
For the teriyaki grilled shrimp and pineapple:
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deviened)
- 1 pineapple (peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch by 2 inch pieces)
- Prepare the teriyaki sauce by cooking all the ingredients on simmer. When the sugar melts, keep it aside for cooling.
- Once cooled, marinate the shrimp in it for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp and pineapple slices.
- Grill them over medium-high flame for about 2-4 minutes on each side. Cook until they become slightly charred
Garlic Steak Marinade
A juicy, delicious and tender steak that is prepared on your grill is what completes the warm summer months .The perfect steak is the result of an enticing marinade and is considered good beach food. This marinade recipe is easy, quick, and luscious in taste and flavor. Ingredients needed are:
- 4 tablespoons basalmic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 pounds steak
- Take a large bowl and mix all the ingredients. Then add the steak along with the marinade in a ziplock bag. Seal tightly after squeezing out the excess air.
- Marinate it for a minimum of 2 hours. You can also keep it overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Cook the steaks on the grill for around 4-6 minutes on each side. The steak will be ready when the temperature reaches 145 degrees for medium.
Beach BBQ hits different levels of satisfaction. The warm summer breeze, the waves hitting the shore, the smell of BBQ on the beach, and a bunch of your friends and family, all together make the best Summer memories.
So, get rid of those stoves and fryers and indulge in the flavors of BBQ with these awesome beach BBQ recipes that are easy and quick to make.