Summers are the time to indulge in endless grilled delicacies. From burgers to corncobs and so much more, BBQ recipes are one of the essential elements to enjoy summertime with your loved ones. And it does not end here. You can even make yourself a sweet treat on the grill with some delectable BBQ grilled desserts.
Grills are a magic portal where almost anything can be turned into a luscious meal. Enjoy a fiery grilled steak for dinner and then throw in some pineapples and peaches on the grill to get yourself a satisfying dessert. The charred flavors of open flame can turn all of your favorite fruits into a delicious and refreshing dessert. Here are some BBQ dessert ideas that can make your summers even juicier and more fun.
Grilled Peach Melba
Peaches that aren’t ripe enough are the best ones for BBQ desserts. The flavor of raspberry sauce on top makes it a classic summer dessert. So, clean your portable grill and get it set to start preparing this recipe with the following ingredients:
For the Peach Melba
- 2 large ripe peaches
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
For the Raspberry Sauce
- 1/2-pint raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Ice cream
- Heat grill to medium temperature.
- Cut the peaches in half and pit. Prick the skins with a fork.
- Mix butter and light-brown sugar in a bowl. Coat this butter over the peaches nicely.
- Put on the grill and cook for 5-10 minutes. Flip occasionally to cook evenly on both sides until the fruit becomes tender.
To Make the Raspberry Sauce
- Mix raspberries with sugar in a bowl and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour it into another bowl through a sieve. Press with a spoon to extract maximum liquid.
Pour the raspberry sauce over the grilled peaches. Add ice cream or whipped cream, as per your choice, for an enhanced flavor.
Grilled Pound Cake with Peaches and Plums
A grilled pound cake topped with grilled peaches and plums and an added tanginess of yogurt whipped cream can turn out to be one of the best grilled desserts for this Summer. The fire from the grill caramelizes the fruits, making your cake even more delicious. Ingredients required for this tempting cake recipe are:
Grilled Pound Cake and Fruit
- Four 1/2-inch-thick slices of classic pound cake
- Melted unsalted butter
- 3 halved, pitted peaches and plums
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lime
Yogurt Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar (to taste)
- Place the pound cake and fruits on the grill.
- Brush them with butter and cook over medium flame on both sides until the cake is toasted properly.
- Brush more butter on peaches and plums and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut the sides down and grill them until they become golden.
- Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove from flame and dice the fruits well. Sprinkle a little more sugar, lime zest, and a bit of lime juice.
- To make the yogurt whipped cream, whisk together cream, yogurt, and vanilla until you get soft peaks. Add sugar as per taste.
Enjoy the grilled cake with diced grilled fruits and prepared whipped cream.
Grilled Strawberry Shortcake
Strawberries are an all-rounder favorite summertime fruit. This easy recipe for strawberry shortcake can make a cake cup more flavorful. Just top it with some charred strawberries and whipped cream and you can treat your sweet tooth with a seasonal and fuss-free dessert. Gather the following ingredients for this recipe:
- 12 fresh whole strawberries
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 sponge cake dessert cups
- 1 ½ tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup whipped cream topping
- Preheat the grill to high (around 450-500 degrees).
- In a bowl, toss strawberries and oil. Skewer the strawberries.
- Choose the perfect grill gate and place the skewered strawberries on it.
- Grill it until it becomes slightly charred. It will take around 1 minute. Grill the other side for another 1 minute until it starts becoming soft.
- Once cooled, remove strawberries from the skewers. Remove the stems and slice them well.
- Toss the sliced fruit and sugar together in a bowl. Let it stand for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Apply melted butter on top of cake cups and grill them for 1 minute on each side to get lightly toasted cakes.
Fill the cake cups with grilled berries and top it up with whipped cream to enjoy one of the easiest grilled desserts on the BBQ recipes.
Peanut Butter & Granola Grilled Banana Boats
Bananas are an all-time favorite and the most convenient fruit. There are numerous forms in which bananas can be consumed. The flavor of a grilled banana is a next-level experience. Satisfy your sweet tooth cravings with this special banana boat recipe that is delicious, extremely healthy, and easy to make. Gather the following ingredients to get started:
- 1 large unpeeled banana
- 1-1/2 tablespoons granola
- 1-1/2 tablespoons peanut butter chips
- This recipe requires direct grilling over medium flame, so preheat your outdoor grill.
- Take a 12-inch square-shaped foil piece and place a banana on it.
- Make a 1/2-inch-deep lengthwise slit in the banana. Make sure to leave at least 1-inch uncut on both ends.
- Using your fingers, gently open the slit and fill it with granola and peanut butter chips.
- Now, wrap the filled banana in foil and try to keep it in an upright position.
- Place the wrapped banana on the grill and cook until the peanut butter chips melt. It will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once done, unwrap it to get an enticing banana boat that is delicious and healthy. Dive in and enjoy!
Uncle Scott’s S’Mores
S’mores are a global favorite and an instant solution to sudden dessert cravings. They make the perfect desserts for summer BBQ. S’mores are short for “some more,” and the name justifies itself well. Its melting-in-the-mouth texture automatically makes one ask for ‘some more’. Hazel Brown’s uncle, Scott Stewart, improvised the classic S’mores after several attempts of losing his chocolate on the sandy beach. For this recipe, you need only 3 items. These are:
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (chopped)
- 40 graham crackers
- 40 large marshmallows
- Melt the chocolate using a double-boiler and let it cool till it thickens slightly.
- Dip one side of the graham cracker in chocolate. Put it on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet with the dry side down.
- Refrigerate it for about 30 minutes.
- Take a skewer and press one marshmallow on its tip. You can also use a clean whittled stick but make sure to put only one marshmallow on each skewer or stick.
- Roast them on all sides until you get a toasty marshmallow as per your taste.
- Place marshmallows on a cracker and top with another cracker, keeping the dry side outwards.
Grilled Peach Cobbler Recipe
Peaches are an absolute delight in Summers. A grilled peach cobbler is one of those grilled desserts that can help you end a warm summer night perfectly. Use fresh peaches in the recipe and a rust-free cast-iron skillet to get an amazing sweet dish. Prepare this fruity and crunchy cobbler using the following ingredients:
- 7 cups 1/2-inch fresh peach slices or 2 (20-oz.) bags frozen sliced peaches (thawed and drained)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat one side of the grill to a medium-high temperature (350-400 degrees).
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a bowl. Sprinkle this mixture over peaches placed in another large bowl and stir gently.
- Butter a 10-inch cast-iron skillet and spoon the peach mixture into it.
- Put butter over the peaches in small divided pieces and tightly cover the skillet with aluminum foil.
- Place the covered skillet on the grill and cook until it is hot and bubbling. It will take around 15 minutes.
- Prepare the biscuit topping by mixing flour, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl. In a well made in the center of the bowl, add cream and melted butter. Mix the ingredients well to make a dough.
- Uncover the skillet and dollop the peaches with the dough mixture.
- Grill it with the lid closed until the biscuits become brown. It will also take around 15 minutes.
Your cobbler is ready. Give it a 10 minutes rest and then enjoy your delicious grilled desserts. You can always top it up with whipped cream to make it a perfect ending to a beautiful day.
These are some easy and delicious dessert ideas for a BBQ. So, enjoy your Summers with not just grilled meat but grilled desserts as well.
Relish the caramelized flavors of fresh fruit charred in grill flames. Satisfy your sweet cravings with easy grilling ideas and don’t forget to cherish this summertime with your friends and family.