A sandwich is an emotion wrapped in bread filled with the most luscious meat and veggies, seasoned with piquant sauces and cooked to perfection to make you feel a blast of flavors in your mouth. However, its ultimate taste potential is achieved when you add a BBQ tint to it. Sandwiches are so delicious, full of zest, and easy to prepare that they’ve successfully attained the title of an all-time favorite among all age groups.
There are a variety of BBQ sandwich recipes to choose from that are both delectable as well as easy to make for your summer day out with family and friends. When you grill the meat it brings an unparalleled flavor to an otherwise basic sandwich. These delicious recipes are a perfect solution to gather all your loved ones for a summer BBQ feast.
Brisket Grilled Cheese (Leftover Beef Sandwich)
If imagining the flavors of brisket and grilled cheese together makes you drool, then this is the best recipe for you. Try amazing leftover brisket recipes filled with gooey cheese and sauces to enhance your palate. To make this cheesy brisket grilled cheese, you’ll need:
- ½ cup brisket (shredded or thinly sliced)
- 2 slices of bread Texas Toast or sourdough (each cut about ½ inch thick)
- 4 tbsp smoked cheddar or gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 1 tbsp butter (room temperature)
- Olive oil
- Pour and heat some oil in a cast iron skillet in an oven on medium.
- In the hot oil, add the brisket and heat again until it becomes a little warm. Remove from the oven and cover it with tin foil to trap the heat. Keep it aside.
- Heat the pan again. Meanwhile, apply butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Assemble your sandwich by putting cheese on the dry side of the slice, then place the brisket and top it with more cheese. Cover it with another bread slice, the buttered side facing outside. Prepare all sandwiches like this.
- Cook each sandwich for around 3-5 minutes per side in the skillet until it becomes golden brown. To make it gooier, tightly cover the pan from all sides.
Ultimate Sloppy Joes
Here is a Sloppy Joes recipe for you that owns the title of winning 3 awards. It offers a perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors, which never fails to be the star of any event. Try this classic hamburger barbecue recipe with the following pantry ingredients:
- 1-pound lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- Put ground beef in a large skillet and brown on high heat until the crust becomes deep brown.
- Stir the ground beef and again brown until around 50% of the beef has a deep crust and is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the beef from heat, drain its fat and add butter, bell pepper, and onions to the pan.
- Stir only after a couple of minutes, when it gets brown. Repeat this a few times, and then add beef to the pan.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and cook till the liquid evaporates.
- Toast some hamburgers and fill with the prepared mixture.
Vegan Pulled BBQ Mushroom Sandwiches
Making a vegan sandwich can be tricky if you love a BBQ flavor. This delicious mushroom BBQ sandwich lets you enjoy the sweet and tangy sauce without the meat. Pair it with coleslaw and the best wine for BBQ, and you have a great meal for yourself. All you need for this recipe is:
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion (halved and thinly sliced)
- 2 pounds mushrooms – such as shiitake or baby bella (halved and thinly sliced)
- ¾ cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp molasses
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Place a large skillet to heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it softens for about 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Put in small batches of mushrooms and cook until most of the water they release evaporates. It will take about 10 minutes. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, take a measuring cup and mix barbecue sauce, tomato paste, molasses, hot sauce, pepper and salt.
- Once the water from the mushroom evaporates, reduce the heat to medium and add the prepared sauce.
- Cook for almost 5 minutes to let the sauce thicken. Stir occasionally.
- Serve the prepared mixture over buns.
BBQ Grilled Philly Cheesesteak
Steak sandwiches are among the best ones. Adding a BBQ twist makes it even more delectable. This grilled steak and cheese BBQ sandwich recipe is easy, quick and ultimate that will surely make you want to have it again and again. The ingredients you need for this are:
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 thin beef steak
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup English cheddar cheese grated
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 2-4 Small baguettes or sub rolls/buns
- Add oil to a skillet and heat up on the grill to medium heat.
- Cut the beef into inch-long slabs of meat and let them brown in the skillet.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove the beef and keep it aside.
- Add butter, chopped onion, and peppers in the same pan and caramelize till the onion starts to brown.
- Now, add the beef and mix everything over heat.
- Toast bread slices in butter and fill with mixture directly from the pan.
- Put cheese over it and let it melt for a minute to get a cheesy sandwich.
Chopped BBQ Beef Sandwich
Enjoy the mouth-watering flavors of barbecued beef one by one. Cut it up into small pieces to prepare this luscious chopped beef sandwich with a sweet and smoky BBQ sauce. You’ll need these ingredients to whip up your special sandwich:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp HEINZ Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 lb.)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 6 slices Texas toast white sandwich bread (grilled)
- 3/4 cup HEINZ BBQ Sauce Kansas City Sweet & Smoky
- 1/2 cup small white onion slices (separated into rings)
- 1/2 cup HEINZ Sweet and Spicy Pickle Chips
- Blend together sugar and Worcestershire Sauce and rub it evenly on both sides of the beef roast.
- Grill the roast on medium-high until it gets seared, for around 3-4 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 365 degrees.
- Take a shallow pan sprayed with cooking spray. Cook roast and beef broth and then cover it.
- Bake it for 120-150 minutes until the roast is cooked properly. Remove from oven. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Take a cutting board and place the meat on it, leaving behind the cooking liquid in the pan. Chop the beef into 1-inch pieces.
- Skim and remove the fat from the cooking liquid. Now add the chopped meat to the pan and mix lightly.
- Place toasted bread on a plate and put meat, BBQ sauce, onion and pickles over it.
Pulled Pork with Caramelized Onions
Pulled pork is one of the most preferred BBQ meats. However, it cooks easily in a slow cooker, and adding the chipotle chile can get that hint of smoke to prepare the perfect BBQ sandwich recipe. To avoid any leftovers, you must calculate the number of people and how much pulled pork per person. Ingredients for this delicious recipe are:
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large onions (thinly sliced)
- ⅓ cup raw cane sugar – such as Demerara or turbinado
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup chili sauce, such as Heinz
- 1 1/2-3 tsp minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 3 pounds pork shoulder or blade (butt) roast (boneless and trimmed)
- 6 toasted hamburger buns
- Take a large skillet to heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion to it and cook until they soften in about 3-6 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add sugar and constantly stir until the onions are golden brown. It will take another 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir and cook for another 1 minute after adding garlic, oregano, pepper and salt and then add vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Let it evaporate for another minute, and then remove it from heat. Add chipotle and chili sauce according to taste.
- Take a slow cooker of 4-quart (or larger). Place pork in it and add the sauce. Close it and cook till the pork starts falling apart. It will take about 4 hours on high heat and 8 hours on low heat.
- On a cutting board, shred the pork using forks. Mix it back in the prepared sauce.
- Place on toasted buns and enjoy.
A tendered BBQ sandwich with enthralling flavors and appetizing condiments is the best kind of sandwich. Whether vegan or meat, a BBQ can turn any sandwich into one of its kind delicacies.
So, grill your meat and veggies to prepare these sandwich recipes. Chopped, pulled, or roasted meat and sandwich complement each other well. Enjoy these easy recipes with your loved ones and make some of the most delicious meals this summer.