Grilled pizza is a fun, easy and delicious summer meal that you can make with just a few ingredients. An ideal way to use up leftover grilled meats or vegetables, this recipe is simple enough for anyone to follow.
All you need is a grill, some pizza dough, and your favorite toppings. So let’s get started!
What You Will Need?
Before you start grilling your pizza, you will need to gather a few supplies, including:
– A grill (weber, gas, or charcoal)
– Pizza dough
– Toppings of your choice (sauce, cheese, meats, vegetables)
– A pizza stone (optional)
– Olive oil
– A spatula or tongs
– A grill brush
The Steps To Making Grilled Pizza!
Grilling pizza is a bit different than cooking it in a oven, but don’t worry, it’s still easy! Just stick to these easy steps, and you`ll be enjoying your grilled pizza in no time.
1. Preheat Your Grill To Medium-High Heat.
You want the grill to be hot enough that it will cook the pizza quickly, but not so hot that it`ll burn the dough.
For a charcoal grill, this means you should wait until the coals are white hot. For a gas grill, preheat to around 425-450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. If Using A Pizza Stone, Place It On The Grill To Preheat As Well.
A pizza stone is not required, but if you have one, it will help to create a crispy crust. On a Weber grill, place the stone on the lower rack. For a gas grill, put the stone directly on the grates.
3. Prepare Your Toppings.
Chop any vegetables, cook any meats and have everything ready to go before you start grilling the pizza. It’s also a good idea to pre-measure the sauce and cheese so that you can add them quickly when it’s time to assemble the pizza
4. Move Out Your Pizza Dough On A Floured Surface.
You want the dough to be about 1/4 inch thick. If it is too light, it will tear when you try to transfer it to the grill, and if it’s too thick, it will take longer to cook through.
5. Transfer The Dough To The Grill.
Carefully place the dough on the grill, using a spatula or tongs to help if necessary. If using pizza gravel, place the dough directly on the stone.
6. Grill The Pizza Dough For 1-2 Minutes Until It Is Slightly Firm And Has Grill Marks.
Do not flip the dough over! This step is just to cook the bottom of the dough so that it doesn’t stick when you add the toppings.
7. Release The Pizza Dough From The Grill And Add Your Toppings.
Spread on some sauce, sprinkle on some cheese and add any other toppings you like. Be sure to not overload the pizza, or it will be difficult to transfer back to the grill.
8. Return The Pizza To The Grill And Cook For An Additional 5-8 Minutes.
Keep an eye on the pizza while it cooks so that it doesn’t burn. Also, rotate the pizza a few times during cooking so that all sides get evenly grilled.
9. Remove From Grill And Enjoy!
Slice the pizza and serve immediately. Enjoy your delicious grilled pizza!
Recipes For Different Kinds Of Grilled Pizzas!
- Grilled Margherita Pizza: A traditional pizza with a crispy crust, fresh mozzarella, and flavorful tomatoes.
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza: A zesty pizza with a sweet and smoky barbecue sauce, chicken, and red onions.
- Grilled Veggie Pizza: A healthy option packed with grilled vegetables like peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini.
- Grilled Pepperoni Pizza: A classic favorite with a spicy kick from pepperoni sausage.
Whatever toppings you choose, I hope you enjoy your grilled pizza!
Variations On The Classic Grilled Pizza Recipe!
If you are looking for a change from the classic grilled pizza, there are plenty of ways to mix things up. Here are a few ideas for you.
1. Use A Different Type Of Dough.
Try using whole wheat dough or a pre-made pizza crust for a change of pace.
2. Spicy Grilled Pizza.
Add some spice to your pizza with pepperoni or sausage. Or, try using a hot sauce in the dough or as a pizza sauce.
3. Grilled Breakfast Pizza.
Start your day with a grilled pizza for breakfast! Top with eggs, bacon, and cheese for a filling meal.
4. Grilled Dessert Pizza.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with a grilled dessert pizza. Top with chocolate chips, marshmallows, or fruit for a unique treat.
5. Grilled White Pizza.
For a lighter option, try using a white sauce instead of red tomato sauce. Then top with chicken and vegetables.
6. Grilled Flatbread Pizza.
Flatbread makes a great alternative to traditional pizza dough. Top with your favorite pizza toppings and grill as usual.
7. Grilled Naan Pizza.
Another option for flatbread is naan. This Indian bread is delicious grilled and topped with pizza sauce and toppings.
How To Pick The Right Dough For Your Grilled Pizza?
One of the most important parts of making a great grilled pizza is choosing the right dough. Let’s go over a rare of the most famous dough to use.
1. Pizza Dough: This is the most common type of dough used for grilled pizza. It’s easy to work with and readily available at most grocery stores.
2. Whole Wheat Dough: This dough is made with whole wheat flour and has a slightly nutty flavor. It’s a healthier option and works well on the grill.
3. Pre-Made Pizza Crust: If you’re short on time, you can use a pre-made pizza crust. Be sure to roll it out thin so that it doesn’t take too long to cook through on the grill.
4. Flatbread Dough: Flatbread makes a great alternative to traditional pizza dough. It grills up crispy and delicious.
5. Naan: Naan is an Indian bread that’s also delicious, grilled and topped with pizza sauce and toppings.
6. Focaccia: This Italian bread is another great option for grilled pizza. It has a slightly tough texture and a flavorful crust.
7. Ciabatta: Ciabatta is another type of Italian bread that works well on the grill. It has a light, airy consistency and a crispy crust.
8. Cornmeal Dough: This type of dough is made with cornmeal and gives the pizza a slightly crunchy texture. It’s a delicious alternative to traditional pizza dough.
When it comes to choosing the right dough for your grilled pizza, it’s really up to personal preference. But I think that pizza dough, whole wheat dough, and pre-made pizza crust are all great options. So go ahead and give them an attempt!
What Are The Best Toppings For Grilled Pizza?
One of the great things about grilled pizza is that you can top it with just about anything you like. But if you are looking for some motivation, here are a few of the favorite toppings.
1. Pepperoni: A classic favorite with a spicy kick.
2. Sausage: Another classic topping that’s delicious on grilled pizza.
3. Mushrooms: A vegetarian option that’s packed with flavor.
4. Zucchini: A healthy vegetable that’s also delicious on pizza.
5. Peppers, Onions, And Garlic: A flavorful combination that’s perfect for grilled pizza.
6. Bacon: Because everything is better with bacon!
7. Cheese: A must-have for any pizza lover.
8. Tomatoes: A juicy and flavorful topping that’s perfect for summer grilling.
9. Olives: A salty and briny topping that gives grilled pizza a delicious flavor boost.
FAQS About How To Make Grilled Pizza!
Q: Can I Use Any Type Of Dough For Grilled Pizza?
A: You can use any type of dough that you like. I think that pizza dough, whole wheat dough, and pre-made pizza crust are all great options.
Q: What Are Some Of The Finest Toppings For Grilled Pizza?
A: Some favorite toppings include pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, onions, garlic, bacon, cheese, tomatoes, and olives.
Q: How Do I Know When My Grilled Pizza Is Done?
A: Cook your pizza on the grill until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Then enjoy!
Q: What Should I Do If My Pizza Dough Is Sticking To The Grill?
A: If your pizza dough is sticking to the grill, try spraying it with cooking spray or brushing it with oil. This will help to create a non-stick surface and prevent the dough from sticking.
Q: Can I Make Grilled Pizza Ahead Of Time?
A: Yes! You can make the dough ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Then, when you’re ready to grill, just roll it out and top it with your favorite toppings.
Grilled pizza is a tasty way to enjoy pizza. The key to making grilled pizza is preheating the grill and using the right ingredients.
I hope this guide has helped you make your first grilled pizza. If you have any questions, please visit the website or contact directly. Thanks for choosing GrillCharms!
- The 9 Best BBQ Grills for Smoking Brisket - December 29, 2022
- 6 Mouth Watering Grilled Shrimp Recipes - September 16, 2022
- 6 Delicious Grilled Desserts - September 16, 2022