No matter what kind of grill you have, the same basic grilling techniques apply — and with a know-how and practice, one can master such methods! Here’s an overview of all the grilling methods you can try to get the finest flavor from the foods you grill.
You can also try pellet grilling if you are short on coal. It is a type of grill that uses pellets made up of biomass materials as fuel or compressed wood. These pellet grills are increasingly popular due to their versatility and easy-to-use nature. Simply fill the hopper with food-grade wood pellets and select the desired temperature to heat pellets. And once the temperature or the level of smoke is set, pellets will maintain the temperature on their own. Not only this, pellets are easy to clean as well. Whether giving it a quick clean or deep cleaning, no effort will take more than 15 minutes.
This makes it one of the great grilling methods to try, which helps save time and effort while making it easy for the beginner to use the grill or barbeque efficiently.
An indoor smoker is a unique way to grill without a griller. This way, you can cook your food right in the kitchen and achieve the exact taste you may get through a coal griller. First, use a large aluminum pan, high sides, and aluminum foil to line the pan. Next, place a good layer of hardwood chips ( applewood for BBQ flavor) and another layer of foil on top of the wood chips.
Make sure you pork small holes into the foil to allow the smoke to escape. Ensure that you place a rack on top of the foil and then place your pan on the stove. Use medium-level flame while cooking your food. But before starting with your cooking, make sure you open the windows and turn on the fan. Also, this method is perfect for grilling in the rain.
Most of us have a culinary torch in our kitchen that is widely used to melt cheese, toast, bread crumbs, etc. But surprisingly, you can use this torch to grill your food while adding a bit of char to your vegetables or meat. After you cook your food, you can torch your meal to blacken red peppers, juicy steak, corn, and chicken breasts.
Iron Grill Pan
If you notice the iron grill pan closely, you can see that the iron-cast grill has ridges that help the fat drip off for the food. If your food is hot enough, it can leave great remarks and have a smoky effect. This grilling methods is amongst the most inexpensive and best grill ideas.
Using a crock pot can give you an ultimate trick BBQ, enhancing your food’s appearance. You can easily cook pork shoulders, pulled pork, chicken thighs, and briskets through this grilling methods. Even the procedure is very simple –
- Place the piece of meat in the crackpot
- Add BBQ sauce along with smoking spices
- Cook your meal on low flame or heat overnight or the whole day
Whether you are lighting your gas or charcoal grill, it will require a sufficient amount of flame. And as striking a match is old-fashioned, looftlighter has become the latest craze for igniting the flame. This lighter is so versatile it can work on everything, including your stove, briquettes, and charcoal. In addition, it will only require 60 seconds, and you will get superheated air instantly. But yes, you will require an electric outlet to use this device, but as it has a 9-food long cord, it is flexible and can be stretched.
Direct Charcoal Grilling Techniques
For your convenience, we have steps to execute the direct charcoal grilling tips and tricks –
- Start the process by opening the lid and bowl vents.
- Evenly spread the burning briquettes (briquettes should be glowing) over the grate.
- Now, replace the cooking grate while placing your food directly over the hot coals.
- Monitor the temperature, and if you feel – it has started burning too hot, trim the vent and close them slightly.
Indirect Charcoal Grilling Techniques
Now here are a few steps to execute the indirect charcoal grilling –
- Start the process by opening the lid and bowl vents.
- Here use the pair of tongs and arrange the glowing briquettes placed on each side of the charcoal grate.
- Now, pour a little water into your drip tray while setting the hot briquettes carefully.
- Lower the cooking grate back to its place while setting your food above the drip tray placed in the center of the grate.
- Then pull the lid back and wait for your food to grill for a good amount of time.
- Monitor the temperature as your meal is prepared. If you feel – it has started burning too hot, trim the airflow and close the vent slightly.
These were some of the innovative grilling methods that one can try at their homes. Also, it is essential for everyone to keep their grills clean to get the finest flavor of their foods. Here’s how:
Steps To Keep Your Charcoal Grill Clean
Out of all the grills, a charcoal grill consumes the most oil and requires more cleaning as well. Below we have shared a few detailed yet simple steps to keep your charcoal grill clean.
- As charcoal gathers in the bottom of the grill, make sure you clean the grill with a brush and remove the ash once the charcoal has cooled down.
- You can try cleaning your grill with a stir-wire brush. Else you can use aluminum foil with long-handled tongs.
- Another way to clean the grill is to – use a rag or folded paper towel, apply some vegetable oil on it and clean the grates. Using this method, you can prevent your grill from getting rust or any food buildup.
- Make sure you evenly clean the inner side of the grilling bowl with mild dish soap or a steel brush.
- To keep your charcoal grill in peak condition, you must maintain the grill on a regular basis after each grilling session.
Steps To Keep Your Gas Grill Clean
Usually, a flattop grill is used in commercial spaces, and as they do not have regular grill grates, you need to use a different method to clean the gas grill.
- Start your cleaning by wiping the surface of the hot burner. Because once the burner is cooled down, it will be difficult to clean the oil. However, always be cautious before cleaning to avoid getting burnt with heat.
- After cleaning the burner, spray some of the cleaning solutions on top of the surface, keep it for 1 minute, and then sweep the surface again. This solution can be a mixture of homemade baking soda mixture, dish soap, or a degreaser.
- Next, scrub off the leftover debris which is stuck even after cleaning.
- Lastly, wipe off the surface with a clean cloth.
- You can repeat the process if you feel the requirement.
Steps To Keep Your Flat Top Grill Clean
If you own a propane-powered gas grill, it’s easier to clean than the charcoal grill. But, first, ensure they are thoroughly cleaned before and after the session. This way, you will be able to remove the smoke and grease buildup.
- Using grill grates will be easier to clean your grill with a stiff wire brush or long-handled brush.
- Use folded paper towels or rags to apply vegetable oil and clean the grill grates. It will help prevent food buildup or rust.
- Do not forget to clean the grilling lid from the inside. You can use a steel brush with a bar of mild dish soap.
- In the next step, you can remove the heat deflectors from the surface of burners and thoroughly wash it with water and dish soap.
- Lastly, dry your burner with a rag. You can also use a fiber cloth to dry your burner.
A good grilling session can unlock a new world of flavors for you. It can instantly uplift the mood of your party. If you have just started with your grilling tips and tricks, this guide will surely help you become a master of grilling lip-smacking food. So, next time you plan a Sunday binge, make sure you have learned a few techniques to pamper your guests.
- The 9 Best BBQ Grills for Smoking Brisket - December 29, 2022
- 6 Mouth Watering Grilled Shrimp Recipes - September 16, 2022
- 6 Delicious Grilled Desserts - September 16, 2022